We all know that life can be stressful. What you may not know is that many of us live in a constant state of stress without even realising it. Our bodies become locked into a ‘fight or flight’ response, otherwise known as sympathetic dominance. This stress response can lead the body to shut off many of the systems we need in our normal, everyday life, such as the autoimmune system and digestive functions. Sometimes the mind needs a physical signal from the body, allowing it to calm and reinstate those functions.
Blocking can provide that signal. By off-setting the pelvis gently, the brain can be triggered to realise that something isn’t quite right. The brain will then calm the body, moving it out of sympathetic dominance and into para-sympathetic dominance, the state in which the body can rest and repair itself.
It only takes 5-10 minutes a day for blocking to be effective. Choose a regular time that suits your lifestyle - most of our clients choose to do it in the evening while they’re relaxing in bed!
Top 10 benefits of Śama blocks
- Allow your body to rest and repair
- Reduce long term sympathetic dominance (stress, fight, flight or freeze)
- Reduce inflammation allowing repair for better gut function, less aching in the body and improved injury recovery
- Improved sleep - and rest and repair
- Equalising emotions - rebalancing emotionally has an anti-anxiety and anti-depression effect
- Help to reset body function to stabilise blood sugar mechanism so your body can let go of excess weight
- Improve immune system function
- Improve central nervous function
- Anti-aging - if your body is in long term sympathetic dominance there is no rest and repair at night to rejuvenate skin cells.
Read the brochure in your Śama Blocks box, to find out exactly where these need to be placed, and follow the instructions to get the most out of this technique.
Your Śama Blocks will arrive packed in a compostable cardboard box and a compostable courier bag - or you can collect them from the studio.
Note: All bodies and minds are different, so results can often vary from person to person. Sama blocks can help many people, but if you have any concerns, please do consult your medical professional.
Our staff can show you exactly where these Sama Blocks need to be placed so you can get the most of our this technique.